Fire Ban Lifted for Town of Provost
As of May 24th, 2013, the fire ban is lifted for the Town of Provost.
Outdoor fires are allowed as per Townf of Provost fire permits.
A Fire Ban remains in place for the MD of Provost as May 24th..
Certified Water and Wastewater Treatment Operator Needed
The Town of Provost is seeking to fill the position of
FULL TIME PUBLIC WORKS CERTIFIED WATER AND WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Operation and Maintenance of the water and wastewater system.
- Maintains records of work performed, including maintenance of facilities.
- Operation of equipment utilized in repair activities and performs a variety of tasks in the maintenance of Town roads, sidewalks, grounds and utility systems.
- Must have successfully completed Grade 12.
- Responsible for ensuring their own safety as well as the safety of others.
- Self motivation in a team environment and strong public relations.
- Physically capable of performing required duties.
- Possess or be able to obtain Level I Water Treatment and Level II Water Distribution, Level I Wastewater Treatment and Level II Wastewater Collection certifications
- Possess or be able to obtain CPR, WHMIS, TDG and Confined Spaces certification
- Possess or be able to obtain valid class 3 drivers license with air endorsement
This position has a 40 hour work week and involves some on call, weekend and overtime hours. The Town of Provost provides a benefit package to employees including a pension plan.
If you are interested in this position please provide your resume to:
Town of Provost
4904 – 51st Avenue
Box 449, Provost, Alberta, T0B 3S0
E-mail to email@example.com
Closing Date: June 3rd, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Notice: Weed Spraying Underway on Public Areas
The Town of Provost's contract sprayer will be spraying public areas in the Town of Provost starting May 21, 2013. These areas will be marked with red flags. Please stay off of these areas. Do not remove the flags.
THIS WEEK'S SPONSOR OF THE PROVOST HANDI-VAN
This week's sponsor is Aker's Contracting Ltd.
Thank You for your sponsorship of the Handi-van.
Did you know that $250.00 will sponsor the operation of the Handi - Van for one week?
The Provost Handi - Van Society is urgently seeking sponsors to ensure the provision of this much needed service for those that must rely on the Handi - Van as their means of transportation every day.
Your sponsorship will assist with our operational costs for one week and will provide you with a tax receipt as well as recognition during the week you are our sponsor. Recognition includes: Your name displayed on the Handi - Van, a scrolling message on the Electronic Messaging Centre located on Highway 13, and a mention on Talk of the Town on Wayne FM Friday mornings at 8:10am.
We encourage you to sponsor as many weeks as you wish, and will honor anyone who wishes to remain anonymous.
THANK YOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS!
Blond Walz - 780-753-2419 or Jennifer Aker 780-753-8019 for more information
Provost Municipal Library Has New Hours!
Here are the new hours of operation for the Provost Municipal Library.
The new hours take effect as of May 1st, 2013.