Request for Proposals
The Town of Provost is accepting proposals for the contract of Residential Garbage and Compost Collection services within the Town of Provost. The following services for approximately 850 residential sites as well as facilities owned and operated by the Town of Provost would be included:
- Garbage collection on a weekly basis
- Compost collection on a weekly basis (mid April to mid October).
The Town of Provost does not undertake commercial collection and a successful contractor would be expected to deal with potential commercial customers on their own time and initiative.
For more detailed information please contact Judy Larson, Administrator, at (780) 753-2261.
All interested parties may submit a proposal no later than September 8, 2014 at 10:00 a.m. to:
Judy Larson, Administrator Town of Provost 4904 - 51st Avenue Box 449, Provost, AB T0B 3S0 (fax) 780-753-6889 (e-mail) Administrator@townofprovost.ca
TRAVEL BROCHURES are available at the Greenhead Motel and at the Town of Provost Office located at 4904 - 51 Avenue.
For more info call Town Office at 780-753-2261
Full Time Public Works Certified Water and Wastewater Treatment Operator
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Operation and Maintenance of the water and wastewater system.
- Maintains records of work poerformed, including maintenance of facilities.
- Operation of equipment utilized in repair activities and performs a variety of tasks in the maintenance of Town roads, sidewalks, grounds and utility systems.
- Must have successfully completed Grade 12.
- Responsible for ensuring their own safety as well as the safety of others.
- Self motivation in a team environment and strong public relations.
- Physically capable of performing required duties.
- Possess of be able to obtain Level I Water Treatment and Level II Water Distribution, Level I Wastewater Treatment and Level II Wastewater Collection certifications.
- Possess or be able to obtain CPR, WHMIS, TDG and Confined Spaces certification.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid class 3 drivers license with air endorsement.
This position has a 40 hr work week and involves some on call, weekend and overtime hours. The Town of Provost provides a benefit package to employees including a pension plan.
If you are interested in this position pleas provide your resume to:
Administrator, Town of Provost, 4904 - 51st Avenue, Box 449, Provost, AB T0B 3S0 (fax) 780-753-6889 Email to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Provost Compost Pick Up
Just a reminder that Compost Pick-Up is every Wednesday until October.
Pick Up can consist of Grass Clipping, Flowers, garden waste and leaves from your yard.
NO tree branches, sod or pet waste will be accepted. Please do not put plastic bags in bins.
2014 Dog Licenses
Reminder to purchase your 2014 Dog License at the Town office!
Lifetime License (for Neutered dogs only)- $100.00
Sponser the Handi- Van
The Provost Handi - Van Society is urgently seeking sponsors to ensure the provision of this much needed service for those that must rely on the Handi - Van as their means of transportation every day.
Your sponsorship will assist with our operational costs for one week and will provide you with a tax receipt as well as recognition during the week you are our sponsor. Recognition includes your name displayed on the Handi - Van. We encourage you to sponsor as many weeks as you wish, and will honor anyone who wishes to remain anonymous.
THANK YOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS!
Blond Walz - 780-753-2419 or Jennifer Aker 780-753-8019 for more information