Annual Town and MD Community BBQ
The BBQ will be held on Friday June 13th at the Crescent Point Place
This is a FREE family event that will feature, supper, entertainment and Fireworks!
Full Time Public Works Certified Water and Wastewater Treatment Operator
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Operation and Maintenance of the water and wastewater system.
- Maintains records of work poerformed, including maintenance of facilities.
- Operation of equipment utilized in repair activities and performs a variety of tasks in the maintenance of Town roads, sidewalks, grounds and utility systems.
- Must have successfully completed Grade 12.
- Responsible for ensuring their own safety as well as the safety of others.
- Self motivation in a team environment and strong public relations.
- Physically capable of performing required duties.
- Possess of be able to obtain Level I Water Treatment and Level II Water Distribution, Level I Wastewater Treatment and Level II Wastewater Collection certifications.
- Possess or be able to obtain CPR, WHMIS, TDG and Confined Spaces certification.
- Possess or be able to obtain valid class 3 drivers license with air endorsement.
This position has a 40 hr work week and involves some on call, weekend and overtime hours. The Town of Provost provides a benefit package to employees including a pension plan.
If you are interested in this position pleas provide your resume to:
Administrator, Town of Provost, 4904 - 51st Avenue, Box 449, Provost, AB T0B 3S0 (fax) 780-753-6889 Email to: email@example.com
Closing date: April 28, 2014 or until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Splash & Smash Weekend, Pancake Breakfast & Parade
June 13-15, 2014
Splash n Smash weekend!!
June 14- Pancake Breakfast
Parade at 11:00 a.m. (Theme is "Salute to the Winter Olympics")
Provost Compost Pick Up
Just a reminder that there will be compost pick up starting April 16th.
Pick Up can consist of Grass Clipping, Flowers, garden waste and leaves from your yard.
NO tree branches, sod or pet waste will be accepted. Please do not put plastic bags in bins.
2014 Taste of Provost
Event Date: Thursday June 5th from 5pm - 7pm at Crescent Point Place
There will be food menu items to sample, beer and wine gardens. There will also be entertainment including face painting, Magician, Balloon person and music.
Vendor sign up sheets can be picked up at the Town of Provost Office.
Please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org for vendor deposit info, also completed sign up forms can be mailed to Kathy as well.
2014 Dog Licenses are DUE!!
Reminder to purchase your 2014 Dog License at the Town office!
Lifetime License (for Neutered dogs only)- $100.00
Sponser the Handi- Van
The Provost Handi - Van Society is urgently seeking sponsors to ensure the provision of this much needed service for those that must rely on the Handi - Van as their means of transportation every day.
Your sponsorship will assist with our operational costs for one week and will provide you with a tax receipt as well as recognition during the week you are our sponsor. Recognition includes: Your name displayed on the Handi - Van, a scrolling message on the Electronic Messaging Centre located on Highway 13, and a mention on Talk of the Town on Wayne FM Friday mornings at 8:10am.
We encourage you to sponsor as many weeks as you wish, and will honor anyone who wishes to remain anonymous.
THANK YOU TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS!
Blond Walz - 780-753-2419 or Jennifer Aker 780-753-8019 for more information